A Beginner Running Program Offered Twice Each Year
Step Into Running is a run/walk program designed for anyone with an interest in running, regardless of experience. The program meets twice a week, includes four additional workshops covering strength, flexibility, running psychology, and nutrition, and is staffed by Team Run Flagstaff coaches and volunteers. The group will participate in a goal race, such as the Fourth of July Downtown Mile Presented by TRF and the Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce, at the end of each session. If you are a beginner runner, or know someone who wants to start running, this program is a great place to begin. We stress the basics of starting a running program safely and effectively in a supportive environment.
Want to volunteer to help with Step Into Running on Thursday nights? Learn more and sign up here!
* A twice-a-year program that safely introduces a walk/run routine to beginners. A (non-running!) informational session will be held at 6 p.m. on May 18, 2017 at Run Flagstaff (204A East Route 66)! Online registration is now open!
* Cost is $75, which includes: twice weekly coached practices (6 p.m. on Tuesdays at the NAU Outdoor Track & 6 p.m. on Thursdays at Buffalo Park); three Wednesday seminars on nutrition, strength training, psychology of running, and flexibility led by local professionals; plus entry fee to the Fourth of July Downtown Mile presented by Run Flagstaff and the Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce.
* Participation is free for current Team Run Flagstaff members (race registration is not included!)
* Our six-week Spring 2017 session begins at 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 25, 2017, at Buffalo Park.
* Coached by TRF’s Vince Sherry, TRF Pro athletes, and volunteers
* Any questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time!
We kindly request that you refrain from bringing strollers and dogs to Step into Running practices, to ensure the comfort and safety of all participants.