A Beginner Running Program Offered Twice Each Year
Step Into Running is a run/walk program designed for anyone with an interest in running, regardless of experience. The program meets twice a week, includes three additional workshops covering strength/flexibility, motivation, and nutrition, and is staffed by Team Run Flagstaff coaches and volunteers. The group will celebrate the end of the program with entry into a new late-October 5K organized by our local running store, Run Flagstaff. If you are a beginner runner, or know someone who wants to start running, this program is a great place to begin. We stress the basics of starting a running program safely and effectively in a supportive environment.
Ready to join us?
Our next session begins with an informational meeting at 6 p.m. on September 13, 2018 at Run Flagstaff. Meet coaches, volunteers, learn more about our program, and ask questions! Our first practice will be at 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, September 20, at Buffalo Park.
* A twice-a-year program that safely introduces a walk/run routine to beginners. Our next (non-running!) informational session is tentatively scheduled for 6 p.m. on September 13, 2018 at Run Flagstaff (204A East Route 66)!
* Cost is $75, which includes: twice weekly coached practices; three Wednesday seminars on nutrition, strength training/flexibility, and motivation led by local professionals; plus entry fee to a soon-to-be-announced 5K event presented by our local running store, Run Flagstaff.
* Participation is free for current Team Run Flagstaff members (race registration is not included!)
* Our six-week Fall 2018 session will begin at 5:45 p.m. on September 20, 2018 at Buffalo Park.
* Coached by TRF’s Stephanie Edgerton and TRF volunteers
* Any questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time!
We kindly request that you refrain from bringing strollers and dogs to Step into Running practices, to ensure the comfort and safety of all participants.