A Youth Program for 5th – 12th Grade
To foster enthusiasm for an active lifestyle through running. KRF strives to instill a love of the sport & the value of healthy choices, in a fun and encouraging community. KRF offers a quality experience for youth in 5th through 12th grades, regardless of school affiliation or ability level.
* Guidance, support and direction of an experienced head coach and volunteer assistants
* Year-round, twice-weekly practices (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5 p.m.) on local tracks and at area parks
* A team uniform
* USA Track & Field membership
* The opportunity to compete at local, regional, and national cross country, track, and road-racing competitions
* A fun, supportive team environment where kids can cultivate a love of running
Have more questions? Visit our KRF Frequently Asked Questions!
Gary is a child psychologist with a passion for running. He began more than 40 years ago running cross country and track in high school and college and now actively participates in USATF masters track and road racing. Over the past seven years, he has made the USATF Masters All-American standard in the 800m, 1500m, 3000m, and 5K road race. He currently holds the All-American standard in the 1500m (4:34), ranking second in the nation and has standing records in the 1500m, 5K, and 8K in Arizona. He has coached, on and off, for the past 30 years. His eclectic coaching philosophy uses a combination of what has worked for him personally and harvested information from Jack Daniels, Greg McMillan, and Arthur Lydiard. “There is more than one road to Rome.” Every runner is entirely unique and there is no cookie cutter approach to running.